Translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application, works with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. Must be a driven and dedicated engineer, with an appetite for knowledge and a deep understanding of web technologies, their latest standards and techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Working in an Agile environment.
· Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
· Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
· Collaborate with other team members and scrum-team members Demonstrate strong analytical skills with the ability to identify problems and generate practical solutions in a logical manner
· Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
· Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
· Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
· Create database schemas that represent and support business processes
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Experience with HTML5, CSS3, SASS.
· Experience creating microservices with NodeJS
· Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial.
· Experience with database modelling, design and development; both SQL and non-SQL
· Possess mature understanding of the entire SDLC development process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance.
· Proven ability to successfully deliver high-quality, complex systems using Software development methods, independently as well as in a team environment.
· Passionate about UX and strong aesthetic eye
· Experience with GIS
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience as a software developer and/or other similar relevant experience required.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of software design, application development and support.